The real Mishelle

The real Mishelle
Darrrrlink!!!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Me, Mishelle and Bob

It's about 7:00 pm Sunday and I am getting sick of the TV. I figured it was time to toss it up a little. They have a great little stereo system in every room. I popped in a Bob Marley disc and she has smiled a few times. SUCCESS!! I told her to think of hanging on a hot sunny beach in Jamaica.
It's been a very quiet day today. Just Mom and Bryan visiting. Chris, Jess and Richard were here this morning, Chris slept on the couch last night.
I am so hoping to have a quiet night with just the two of us. We have not had much time alone. I have been reading to her a little bit. She is having some pain in her stomach tonight, so the furrowed brow is back once and a while. It worries me a little. I am sure it is the revenge of the 3 freezes she insisted on this morning. Unfortunately, what goes in must come out. I know this but how do you say no? She is so hot and dehydrated. It must feel wonderful to have that cool icy liquid. She really wanted a forth but I had to tell her no!
I want to cry so bad, but I won't. I sit here thinking about our life as sisters. It makes me laugh when I think about some of the funny things we did when we were kids. I remember sneaking up behind her while she was playing a little keyboard we had. She was playing like she was Beethoven. I poked her in the back and she reflexively threw me across the room. She was so mad. We used to sleep in the same room and she is a notorious sleep talker. Wow, she used to babble up a storm. She would sit straight up, eyes open, arms flailing. Then we moved to Parkland and she got her own room on the second floor. Mine was right beside hers and I just wanted everything she had. She was almost 6 years older and looking back, I am sure I was a huge pain in her butt. She put a lock on her door to keep me out. I soon discovered that if I went out my window and across the roof, I could pop her window open and help myself to all her stuff. It was a good plan. Then one night she locked herself in her room to wrap Christmas presents. She had taken some pretty big bags in there. Curiosity got the better of me so I climbed out my window and had my face pressed against her window. I felt totally evil and thought I was pretty smart. She looked up and I thought she was going to have a heart attack. She screamed so loud, I am sure they heard her a mile away. It was dark and she didn't register that it was me. She almost knocked her door off the hinges trying to get out. Not only did I get in huge trouble but I was busted big time. She shoved a broom stick in her window handle after that. She also swooped in and saved me so many times from getting in trouble.
But back to reality, now we can sit here together quietly and just enjoy each others presence. Her being peaceful and me watching her breathe.
What will I do with out her .......

1 comment:

  1. Renee, your stories are precious memories. It is so inspirational for all of us to read how close you two are and how Mishelle was when she was younger. Keep sharing those stories as it is a wonderful reminder to value the simple things in life.

    ReplyDelete