The real Mishelle

The real Mishelle
Darrrrlink!!!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Obituary and date of service

I have put the obituary that I wrote in here in case anyone doesn't get the paper on Tuesday. Please pass this to all the people who may want to know. The details of the service are in the obit. There will also be a wine and nibbles and a walk through and celebration of Mishelles life immediately after the service. That will be held at Park 96 in Parkland. I will have a hand out at the service with directions. The new picture is the one I put in the obituary. I am sure you will all totally agree that it is totally her and so very appropriate.
Mishelle Anita Boychuk
August 15, 1957 – April 3, 2010

Mishelle let go of her extremely stubborn attitude on April 2, 2010, which allowed her to move on to her next life on April 3, 2010. When cancer attempted to constrict and smother her, the hope in her heart punched a hole in it and let the light of a pure soul shine through.

She was loved by many and showed us all what it is like to be super-human, as she faced all her challenges with tenacity and determination. She passionately loved her family, friends and dogs. Mishelle loved to laugh at herself, and others, and brought that joy to those around her.

Mishelle is survived by her children, Jessica and Christopher Hovagimian, her mother, Heidi Boychuk; brother Riccardo Boychuk (wife Karin) niece Sarah, nephew Brandon; sister Renee Boychuk (Husband Bryan Hetlinger) niece Madalyn and nephew Jack. She was predeceased by her father, James Roy Boychuk.

A special thank you to all her amazing friends who stood by her side throughout her long illness.

A celebration of her life will be held at McInnis & Holloway – Fish Creek Chapel, on Saturday, April 24, 2010 at 11:00 am.
In lieu of flowers, please donate generously to Foothills Country Hospice Society, Box 274, Okotoks, AB T1S 1A5.

2 comments:

  1. Renee,
    I don't even know if you'll remember me but Mishelle and I were pretty close and it doesn't really seem that long ago. Much has happened in the years since I last saw her or spoke to her but rarely a day has gone by that I did not think of her. As you are well aware, she is quite unforgettable.

    She was such a good friend to me in those first months when I was new to Calgary, and a new bride, to boot. And she remained a good friend to me during our time in Calgary and even after...you must remember the baby shower she held for me when I wasn't even there. I will dig out that video and watch it again, maybe on Saturday, April 24.

    I don't even know how or why we lost touch but wishes will not change things now. I guess I just presumed that we would see each other again someday and pick up where we left off. I sincerely hope we will.

    Please tell your family how very sorry I am. Take care,
    Brenda Holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brenda,

    Yes, I totally remember you. In fact I was just saying yesterday as I was looking at all of Mishelle's pictures, where did Brenda go? There were so many pictures of all of you. At home, with the kids and at Niagra falls. Such a long time ago. In fact, Who do you know here in calgary that would know how to contact you? I have a photo album that you sent to mishelle, in 1992. I would like to send it back to you. Let me know. Mishelle mentioned you several times in the last month as well. We were looking back and chatting, she always spoke of you with very fond memories. I think it would be a good day to watch the video. I am glad to know that you were aware of her situation.
    Take great care and thanks so much for the note.

    Renee

    ReplyDelete